Monday, June 28, 2010

Bridesmaids

Last week on Wednesday night I had a fun girlie catch up and I got asked "have you picked your bridesmaids yet?" I've actually been asked that several times and I haven't made a decision yet - but I think I need to.

I have a great group of friends here and some really special people in NZ too. I want to have 10 girls haha but I think I will have 3 or 4... or 5! It's my wedding so I make the rules ;)
I love all my friends equally and they are all really different and amazing and I just don't know how I am meant to choose a few girls as I don't want anyone to be offended.
I've had advice like, the bridesmaids are going to be in all your wedding photos, they should be your longest friends, they should be your best friends at the time, they should be people who you will still be friends with later in life, they should be your sisters, they should be the best looking, they should be this and that and so on.
Should they be my sisters? Should they be my longest friends? What about new friends?
They should be the girls that are going to touch up my make up with out thinking about it and adjust my dress if it's not right.
I also need to consider the meaning. Sure, it's fun to include my friend because she throws a heck of a party, but if her morals are less than appealing, remember the meaning of a bridesmaid. She is there to stand with me and my future husband at the alter as a witness to our vows. She is committing to supporting my marriage through the good times and bad. I don't need a bridesmaid who will try to hook you up with my cousin the first time me and my new husband have an argument.

I also have the task of finding the right style and colour of dress I want them to wear that will suit them and also match the theme of the wedding. Girls say "I dont want to look like a merang" and "I dont wear pink"
I might do different styles of dresses but in the same colour? Long or short?
I would never put my girls in ugly dresses haha I want them to look HOT!!!
It's a massive privaledge to be part of the bridal party and I know the friends I choose will be perfect.

3 comments:

  1. It is a huge privilidge to asked to be a bridesmaid.
    I think they should be the girls who have always been there and you will continue to be. Definatly not the one who will hook you up the cousin haha...
    And girls that know its ALL ABOUT YOU! not them...they have to be calm and very meticulous, checking the dress the makeup the hair everything haha.
    as for dresses i think matching always looks better as it doesnt look to busy and distract from the bride. but hairstyles and makeup i think shoudl be whatever suits the girl the best. A hair up may look fab on one girl but horrriable on another...let her have her hair down. etc. :)

    No matter how hot the bridesmaids look theu can never take away from the bride. Everyone is there to see her so let you girls feel amazing too :).

    xxx
    cant wait to see what you choose:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think definitely your sister or Shanes sister (if he has one I don't know) HARD DECISION

    But, come on, your wedding is going to be a!m!a!z!i!n!g! I know it :-D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sally! it's good to get opinions ;)
    katie, you best be coming over for it xxx

    ReplyDelete