Monday, May 17, 2010

HUGE life update

Apologies for the lack of blogging – my life has been a little crazy lately. I’ve made some big changes – yay!

First up, I resigned from my Brisbane job about 4 weeks ago and this is my last week here. It’s sad to leave as I love my work mates and the company. In January 2010, Queensland Transport and Translink increased my bus/train fares by 21% which leaves me paying over $100 a week in travel OUCH! Also the time spent travelling each day (5 hours) has been taking a toll on my personal life for about 6 months. My wedding is just over a year away so feel I need to be much closer to home (and Shane) to save and plan for one of the most important events of my entire life. The spare time I have each day (about an hour) just isn’t enough – especially considering I want to start studying. Social life is ZERO through the week making my weekends jammed with trying to do everything.
I'm really looking forward to having time back on my side.
So what have I been doing on these weekends? Going back to April 23rd, Friday night I had dinner with some of my best girlfriends (Bridget, Tracey and Katie) went to a couple bars – such a fun night out!
Photos…
Got home 2am and got up Saturday morning 6am and went on an amazing kayaking and snorkelling tour with Shane. Beautiful!!!
Then we spent Sunday on a bush hike through Mount Springbrook. We saw a snake in the wild which was exciting hehe. Walked down past a huge waterfall and walked underneath it. There was a pool at the bottom to go swimming in. Paradise in the rainforest!
Then Monday it was Anzac day and we watched a doco on TV and paid our respect to those amazing people and what they did for us.
The following weekend was my friend Shayla’s bday! I love birthday parties! I made her a cute photo frame and also got her a cocktail recipe book. We had a party at her parent’s beautiful mansion and then 2 maxi taxis full of people went into town. Had a fun night at a club drinking and dancing.
Sunday was HUNGOVER! RANDOM BIKINI PHOTOS

Then Monday was CREAMFIELDS MUSIC FESTIVAL!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!! What a day! It was so incredible! The music, the people, the location – AMAZING! HUGE! I had the best time! My fav acts were LMFAO, Green Velvet, MstrKrft and The Bloody Beetroots.
Photos…
The group of us had to wait in the rain for like 1.5 hours for a ride home – f*cken public transport. Ugh! We got back to our hotel and had a hot shower – so good! Then went to bed around midnight. Woke up Tuesday feeling like I had been hit by a train, dragged along for a few hours then stood up and hit again. Death walking. Didn’t make it to work as I felt so bad. Wednesday I went to work but felt so terrible. I got home and had fevers and chills and my glands and tonsils were swollen, headache and blocked nose. Went to the Doc Thursday and also had Friday off. Friday I felt the worst – I got out of bed once! I slept for like 14 hours each night. I’ve never been that sick. I never want to feel like that again.
Last weekend I came to the conclusion that my new apartment wasn’t feeling like “home” so Shane and I got some cute goldfish and I bought some cactus plants. Our kitchen is like a mediterranean theme as we love that kind of food. The lounge is Africa and the bedroom is white with dark purple and chocolate. I printed a bunch of new photos and put them in frames around the apartment.

Which brings me to the weekend just been! Friday night I hit the gym with Shane. Then we watched “Friday” and “Next Friday” haha funny movies!
Being the amazing fiancé that I am, I got up early Saturday morning and baked Shane some bacon and cheese muffins for breakfast in bed YUMMY!
Then later that morning I took the big step I’ve been thinking about for so long. I changed my hair from brunette to blonde! Ok so it’s not “blonde” it’s more like light brown with blonde highlights. It’s a gradual process. I’m not trying to be platinum blonde (like Paris Hilton) more like a natural dirty blonde (like Lauren Conrad or Elle Liberachi). E.G.
It took 4 hours. I left the salon feeling upset and HATING the new colour. Thinking “why did I change it?! I should have just stayed brunette!” I was in a weird mood all day about it. I don’t think I prepared myself for such a big change. It really affected me. But I LOVE it now!
Shane and I spent the afternoon at my brother’s new house – SO BEAUTIFUL! He lives right by the water and his flat mate has a jet ski FUN!
Shane cooked us dinner Saturday night - so yummy. He is such a great cook. Love hot meals on a winter night. We hung out and watched Season 8 of The Family Guy – HILLARIOUS!!! That shit is GOLD!
We spent Sunday morning shopping at the mall and I got some new lingerie yay! Then I got pretty for my shoot and met up with my new friend Sally who is a fashion stylist. She came to my shoot with Nathan from Mojo Photography. We had a great shoot – we are a great team! Lots more photos to come…
Then I picked up Bridget and we had a sushi date. I tried deep-fried ice-cream OMFG. Love hanging out with my girl Bridget, she is awesome!!! HUGE gossip catch up session.

Guess what! I’ve paid off my credit card IN FULL and now all my spare money can go towards saving for my wedding YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

This weekend I have a meeting with a new agent to see if I can model in the Gold Coast Fashion Week! I did it last year for my friend Sonja who is a designer. I also did a shoot for one of her ranges.

I’ve got so much coming up over the next couple months! Life is going so well and I really feel that I’m making good decisions and doing what makes ME happy.

Much love,
Fee xxx

4 comments:

  1. You have been BUSY!!!! Glad you're getting a bit more time to yourself now! 5 hours travel each day???? That is crazy. Good luck with the new situation! It's gotta be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your cactus purchase. It will provide hours and hours of viewing enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! You're always so busy I don't know how you do it.. at least you will have more time during the week :) GOOD NEWS

    Have you found another job?

    Can't wait to see your modelling photos and you'd look gorgeous even with green hair you're gorgeous blonde I saw on twitter and I like it a lot


    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. havent found a new job yet but thats ok, think it will take me a while :)

    i have HEAPS coming up so keep watching (reading)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete