Saturday, June 12, 2010

Movie Review: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

I'm not really a "TV" kind of person, almost every show bores me shitless and nothing interestes me AT ALL. All this NCIS CSI Maimi New York LA bla bla bla Law shows Police shows. Or its drama like Home and Away or The Good Wife... yawn.
I LIKE MOVIES!!! When I lived in Hamilton I think I watched almost every dvd in the local store haha.
Last night we chose to watch The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Purely because it was a new release and when I saw Heathy Ledger I just had to see it. May his soul rest in peace.
So what is the movie about? In exchange for extraordinary powers, Dr. Parnassus (Plummer) makes a deal with the Devil to turn over any child of his when they turn sixteen. But as his daughter Valentina's (Lily Cole) birthday approaches, a mysterious stranger (Ledger) arrives with the power to change everything.
The father has a stage show where they all perform and there is a mirror where people go through. Once through the mirror, there is the imagination. Each person has a different experience - It's beyond amazing. It's beyond beautiful. I cant even begin to describe it. The storey is awesome and I loved all 122 minutes of it!!!
Sadly, Heath Ledger died a few years ago. His character was played by Johnny Depp
Jude Law
and Colin Farrell
who were all amazing as well! I cant get over how beautiful Lily Cole is! She is STUNNING!!!

I admit it was really sad watching Heath Ledger as he was such a talented actor and it's such a shame and such a huge loss to the world. At the start of the movie when they all find him he is hanging by a rope around his neck under a bridge. Weird.
The movie is pretty twisted! But it's wicked and I highly recommend it.
Have you seen it? What did you think? Check out the trailer here...

4 comments:

  1. it does look like a pace i'd like to escape to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVED this movie!!! It was really just so awesome!! Lily Cole really is beautiful!
    It's so sad that such a talented actor had to pass away.. such is life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asylum Dolly - me too! have you seen the movie?

    kimmyskawaiikitchen - omg i loved it too! :) RIP Heath Ledger xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete