Friday, January 08, 2010

More curves ahead at V magazine

V magazine's plus-size issue with Terry Richardson's photo-shoot. Here are some images from the mag, which aims to celebrate women of all shapes and sizes. Some of the world's most stunningly curveous models, such as Candice Huffine and Tara Lynn, don everything from Agent Provocateur and Dolce & Gabbana to... well, not very much at all.



2010 is meant to be there year of the plus size moddel. I'm not sure how I feel about plus side model's everywhere. Dont get my wrong, they look amazing and I'm happy they feel good about themselves - everybody should feel sexy!
I have no problem with "feeling comfortable in your skin" but I kind of think high fashion looks the best on the "typical model". I'm not trying to be rude but just because more and more women are obese does not mean that fashion needs to redefine itself to accommodate insecurities of the modern woman, or should it?

2 comments:

  1. I do like the idea of a variety of different body shapes being used in the media as opposed to one standard "ideal", but it really annoys me that the word "curvy" is being misused these days, oftentimes being interchangeable with the words "overweight" and "fat" :S
    Beyonce is what i would define as "Curvy"; Beth Ditto (as cool as she is) is more what I would define as "overweight". But too many times have I heard an obviously overweight gal being refered to as "curvy"!
    The reason this annoys me so much is that when "curvy" and "overweight" women are lumped together like that it gets people thinking that the whole backlash against dangerously thin models is all about glorifying obesity. It just seems to be a really 'black and white' angle the media are taking towards the whole issue.
    Meh. That's just me anyway. I think being underweight OR overweight is unhealthy.
    If i see an impossibly tiny girl advertising a great pair of jeans,it doesn't encourage me to buy said jeans, because I'll just think " well, they aint gonna look like that on ME!" But if a girl with a more "achievable" figure is looking great in an outfit, I think, "cool, I could rock that too!" Y'know?
    But yeah, bring on the variety I say! Not obese girls, not anorexic girls, just natural, healthy girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sexy photos! I love them! X

    ReplyDelete