Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Channelling my Inner-Glam-Rock

This Saturday night, my friend Ben and his band are playing at a Burlesque party. The band’s name is Galactic Acid. Their inspiration comes from Motley Crew and Gun’s N Roses. It’s very “glam rock”

We have a driver for 5 of us going and they have a hotel room for the night. Party like rock starts.

What the fuck do you wear to a glam rock gig? Aaahhh I need help…


I’ve never been to a Burlesque show before so it should be an interesting night! I’m guessing it will be like Dita Von Teese? (GOOD GOD! That woman is gorgeous!!!) Hour Glass figures and nipple tassels? Feathers? Glitter? Singing? Have you been to a show before? What are they like?

I will do my best to capture the experience and post here ;)

3 comments:

  1. I think all those outfit pics you've got there pretty much sum it up! Fake leather, chains, and heels! :)
    I've never ever been to a burlesque show! I think the women look beautiful, but as I'm very insecure about my looks, I probably wouldn't go to one because i'd spend the whole time feeling depressed about how I will never look that good, and no man will ever find me attractive :( I know it's so stupid to compare myself, but it's a really bad habit i have. I feel like a fat ugly mong a lot of the time, and seeing perfect looking ladies parading around with heaps of guys drooling over them would probably not help....meh. Anyway, sorry for that neg shit. I wish I looked and felt more like you! I'm sure you'll have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to lots of burlesque shows it seems like everyones a burlesque dancer now *rolls eyes* weather they can dance or not.. I used to love it but now it's glorified strippers, scratch that, I like strippers better because of the pole tricks. Haha hopefully these dancers are good a lot around Wellington are very average. I always love to support local performers though they will get better and better with more support :-D

    FUN NIGHT

    I love the new header too that was my fave of all your new photos. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asylum Dolly - From my experience in the modelling industry, most girls feel like this sometimes - even the skinny and pretty girls can think they aren't good enough. It's really silly and you should love your body. The best way I find to deal with feeling unhappy with your body is to get out and do something about it. go for a run or a big walk. it clears your mind and makes you feel good :)

    katie - we are mainly going to see our friend play with his band haha "I like strippers better because of the pole tricks" it should be an interesting night! will take pics and videos

    have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete