Thursday, September 24, 2009

Starting to plan my wedding and honeymoon! YAY!

I've been engaged for nearly a year now (WOW hehe) and Shane and I have set our date: August 2011. I know that is 2 years away but when planning and booking weddings on the gold coast, its needs to be in advance! We're making appointments to look at venues over the next few weekends which is so exciting! NO WAY am I getting married in a Church or Chapel or Beach. Hoping to find a Vineyard with beautiful colourful gardens and stunning views.
My parents came over to Australia about 2 months ago and I took my Step-Mum (Hi Jude!) with me to my first wedding expo. I came out with 2 massive bags FULL of magazines and brochures. We tasted yummy miniature cupcakes and slowly made out way around all the stands. I didn't know much about weddings so was greatful when Jude gave me a book about traditions and a rough idea of how things should go - so helpful! It’s quite easy to get overwhelmed with planning a wedding. There is sooooo much to consider!


• Stationery - Invitations and Envelopes (plan to make these myself as I'm quite the crafty one), Thank you, Place cards, Menu cards, Stickers, Pens, Guest book and postage.


• Bride's Attire - Bridal Gown, Headpiece, hair and Makeup (planning on using the very talented Mia Conner), Shoes, LINGERIE and accessories.


• Groom's Attire - Groom's suit (Shane is going to look so hot!), Shoes and Accessories


• Extras - Transportation (pink stretched hummer for the ladies!!! YES PLEASE), Ceremony, Celebrant and Wedding rings,


• Flowers - Bride's bouquet, Bridesmaid's bouquet, Boutonnieres, Reception, Ceremony and Corsages


• Music - Ceremony and Reception


• Photography - Photographer (hoping Isaac will do me a sweet deal!) and Videographer.


• Reception - The Site, Food, Liquor and Decorations


• Parties - Shane's Buck's party and my Hen's night OH YEAH! ;)


• Wedding Night accommodation and Honeymoon Destination!


So that’s the basics! Here are some pictures of what kind of wedding style I would like. I'm thinking Old Hollywood Glamour mixed with Modern James Bond. OR. Ancient Greece.


















A Great honeymoon package I have found...
Hayman´s Romance Escape


Priced from: $1218 per person
Location: Hayman Island, Whitsundays
Your romantic Hayman experience starts with a relaxing cruise, helicopter or seaplane journey from Great Barrier Reef Airport, or a chosen mainland location, to one of the freshest, most natural, secluded island havens in the world.
Calm and crystal waters spill into tropical palm fringed beaches, rolling into untouched Australian bush land. Sandstone walkways weave together lush gardens with shady ponds, and the gentle sound of falling water trickles through the air.
Hayman offers a genuine island experience of remoteness and natural beauty while pampering you with exceptional luxury and sensory pleasure. By boat or foot, you can reach warm, surrounding waters, teeming with incredible coral and other exotic sea life. Stunning Reef beaches reward a short boat ride, itself a pleasure through clean crystal waters.
Within Hayman, stylish elegance reflects the harmonious freshness of the natural island surroundings. Like a secluded cove of a beach, your guestroom offers beautiful views while hiding you away in your own private, cool and shady retreat.
Hayman´s Romance Escape
» 3 nights accommodation for two people in a luxurious room
» Daily buffet breakfast in Azure overlooking the Coral Sea
» French Champagne and Chocolate plate on arrival
» Romantic 3-course dinner served on your private balcony including a bottle of selected wine
» Pampering 60-minute body massage for two people at Spa Hayman
» Paddle skiing, windsurfing and catamaran sailing
» Gymnasium, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi
» Tennis, squash, croquet, beachside golf putting, golf driving, billiards and island walks
• Water Inflatable Rides • Seaplane Tours


• Great Barrier Reef Diving and Snorkelling Tours • Picnics
• Game and Bottom Reef Fishing Trips • Water Skiing
• Tennis Coaching • Archery
• Whitehaven Beach Tours • Helicopter Tours
• Yacht Charters • Dinghy Hire
• PADI Dive Academy • Sunset Beach Drop-off
• Snorkelling and Beach Drop-offs • Aerobic classes
• Yoga and Pilates classes















thats just a taster of all what I've got in mind ;)
xxx

3 comments:

  1. wow how exciting, congratulations! i love those classic white dresses and hayman looks stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time goes so fast I'd start planning now too if I were you :D YAY! How fun! You're going to be such a beautiful bride I love the wineyard/garden idea and I love the bridal look ideas you have!!!

    Honeymoon sounds so lush. If you're ever having shitty day just think of what is coming up in two years. The best day of your life (they say)


    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I linked you blog to mine by the way xxx

    ReplyDelete