Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Honeymoon Plans

I had a really bad dream last night about my wedding! I had a lame dress from my wardrobe as my wedding dress, old shoes, I didn’t have my nails done and we hadn’t organised the wedding night accommodation or the honeymoon! I’m so glad it was all a stupid dream. It’s the 2nd one I’ve had since I got engaged. I always have this feeling in my dream that the wedding isn’t special enough and it’s a big disappointment. Stupid negative thought! My wedding will be spectacular and amazing!

It’s less that 16months away now. So far we have booked our ceremony and reception venues and made a rough guest list. People keep saying to me “oh the next 12 months will go so fast”
Should I have more done at this stage? I honestly feel like its ages away and I won’t really bother with much until early next year. Over 12 months my taste will change and fashions will change.

One thing I really REALLY want to be amazing is the honeymoon. As I am only ever going to get married once, I want it to be a truly beautiful and romantic experience (cheesy as that may sound haha!)
My first idea was to go to the Whitsunday Islands. After looking through package deals I was disappointed with what you get for the money you pay. So the next idea is Thailand. Shane and I haven’t travelled much so Thailand would be fun! The penthouses and private beach villas there are so gorgeous! You can get in room massages for $10AUS for an hour. We want to eat bugs and weird food at the markets and I want go shopping for Chanel handbags. Drinks are super cheap, like $2 and I want to ride an elephant.
I’ve also just found some absolutely breath-taking places in Mexico! My jaw dropped when I saw these places! OMFG!!!
Obviously it’s like triple the price of Thailand (flights and accommodation) but it’s got me wondering, is it worth it? Should we save the extra money for this once in a life time experience and event? I don’t have any married friends so I don’t really know how to make this decision. Read reviews online?
Part of me says “go for it, you only live once, it’s your honeymoon, spoil yourself” and part of me says “you can be anywhere in the whole world, as long as you’re with Shane, you’ll be happy”

What is your ideal Honeymoon location?

2 comments:

  1. eep its been so long since i've been reading your blog regularly, i didn't know you got engaged! CONGRATS!!!

    both mexico and thailand look and sound stunning. personally, id go thailand and save the extra $$$. its not as if you are scrimping on style- look at the place! so beautiful! the money you save on flights can be used for a deposit on a house...or for your next holiday!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe i got engaged over a year ago :) Thanks!
    I think we are going to hit Thailand. Heaps of friends have been and say its amazing and the private beach villas and penthouses there are stunning.
    OMG!!! I cant wait <3

    ReplyDelete