Friday, October 16, 2009

Fake Tanning


Fake Tan: I am a proud user and have been for over 3 years. I got my first fake tan when I was 19 as I was going on a beach holiday and wanted to be brown in my white bikini. I also started modelling at this age which requires a tanned body. I do not "work on my tan" under the sun or even worse, in a sunbed. I see sunbeds as cancer in a box. I dont want to get wrinkles and skincancer and ugly sunspots or moles.

There are some pros and cons of fake tanning...
Pros - you look good in all your clothes, short skirts, sexy dresses, summer tops and bikinis.
        - it hides cellulite and patchy skin tones
        - it makes you appear slimmer
        - you look healthier and can wear any colour
Cons - it does smell a bit like burger rings the next day after you tan
         - if you do it wrong it can be messy (think orange hands)
        
I live on the Gold Coast and having a tan is essential! Here is a great routine thats fast and works :)
You will need:
Tanning Product - I use Loreal Sublime (its about $20 from the supermarket or chemist and does 2 full body applications)




Exfoliating Gloves


Face Exfoliator Product


Body Exfoliator Product


Time


I recommend doing this at night, thursday night so the product smell is gone by friday night. the tan will develop while you're sleeping. First of all, make sure hair removal is taken care of (waxing etc). Then have a shower and exfoliate your face and then whole body. This removes dead skin cells so you skin will have a fresh canvis for the tan. Then dry whole body and face completly. do not apply any deodorant or purfume or moisturiser. You can put a tiny amount on your face if you need to. Then squeeze the gel into your hands and apply to the skin. I start with my shins, then thighs then go back and do a light coating on my knees and very light coating on my feet and ankles. Then work your way up your body. dont forget under your arms and do a very light coating over your elbows. get someone to help do your back if you're not bendy enough. Then do the neck and finish with the face. Apply the gel as if it were a moisturising cream. once finished, wash the palms of your hands and wipe between your fingers. you will now be covered in the gel! dont bend over or crease any part of your body (elbows and knees). the gel will take about an hour to dry. i suggest standing in front of a fan or heater if its cold. Then lay in bed and fall asleep on your back. try not to touch your body with your hands. You will wake up in the morning with a natural looking tan!

Tip: If you do make a mess of yourself, fear not! You can buy a product that easily removes the fake tan, its called ModelCo TAN REMOVER Exfoliating Scrub. you can buy this here: http://www.folica.com/ModelCo_TAN_REM_d4554.html

Happy tanning :) xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment