Monday, February 15, 2010

Life Update – New Chapter

I had Friday off work last week to take part in a new show filmed here on the Gold Coast about Water Police. I was a background extra swimsuit model. I’ve done some acting and extra’s work when I was living in New Zealand and I really enjoyed it. I’m thinking this is the next step in my life, working in film and TV. I had positive and constructive feedback from the director (which is always so helpful) and ended up having a really fun day with everyone involved. I might have more parts in the show once the pilot is finished/edited and the show is up and running (in about 3 month’s time). The pilot will be shown in Australia and New Zealand, free TV.
Several people have told me that I need to move to Melbourne or Sydney to break into that side of the industry, but I am finding lots of work here in Queensland. I also think that the work and people are VERY different in Melbourne compared to Queensland. Is it the weather? Its colder in Melbourne so people wear more clothes and are a little more “closed” with themselves where as Queensland is warmer and people wear less and are more open. Hmm…
So I’m going to enrol for some more acting classes (have done some in New Zealand when I was 19) and also work on my speech presentation.
Also working on new agents, portfolio update is coming and I’m getting show reel. YAY!
I’m almost over modelling. I know it’s something I will continue to do for another year or so and at the moment I am getting offered a lot but just picking and choosing shoots and parades as I please and what fits in to my busy life.
I’ve still got my modelling goal in the works (being published) should find out about this over the next few weeks.
It’s really exciting to actually live out what I’ve wanted to do for so long. To be achieving. I look at other people and sometimes wonder how they don’t have any goals and don’t aim for anything. I guess I’m the kind of person who needs direction and can’t wander aimlessly though life. But as a good friend once told me, everyone’s idea of happiness is different.

I am cutting out all the negative people in my life. I can’t be bothered with liars, people that use you and are just plain mean and selfish. They aren’t worth my energy or time. I had an experience last week with someone I thought was a friend and turned out to be a huge let down and a bit of an embarrassment.
I am learning who my REAL friends are.

Wedding plans are underway! YAY YAY YAAAY! I now have a rough idea of how I want the day to go and a rough budget. At the moment I am dreaming about lots of flowers at the ceremony and lots of candles at the reception. I want old school Hollywood glamour, like 1920’s to 1950’s. Even the music from that era will be amazing. Classic beauty mixed with ancient Greece and modern France. I don’t want the traditional wedding dress; I want something a little different, maybe a one shoulder dress like these:
I want my hair like this:

I’m finding that weddings are VERY expensive. Like a cake can be hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Also not sure if I want a wedding cake, I like the idea of the cupcake towers:
I’m going to have a pink stretch hummer for the bridal party hehe – GANGSTER
I’m not going to have Shane wear a boring ugly black suit. I like light grey with a vest (no jacket), white shirt, grey pants and white shoes. He has gorgeous blue eyes and olive skin so he will look amazing!
All the bridesmaid dresses I have looked at are UGLY! They are boring and unflattering and stupid haha. I want my girls to look hot! I want like 10 bridesmaids but going to have to keep it at 3-5 max. How do I pick only 3 girls???
Our invite list has changed heaps over the last 18 months. We are sending out official invites in August this year – which I am designing myself.
My parents are coming over to visit in June and my step-mum is going to help me out which will be great.

To my pleasant surprise, I have lost a little more weight. I haven’t really been trying to lose weight. I spent most of Saturday hanging out by the pool with Shane – its soo sooo soooo hot still. I love the feeling of looking great in a bikini. He went to Brisbane for the weekend with his mates; they went to a game there. I did some party modelling and met up with my American friend Britney yay I love that girl she is so awesome and I’m devoed she is going back to the states. She said she is coming back to study so I can’t wait! This is a pic of us at a new bar called Luna Loco:
I got home like 2am and woke up Sunday at about 8am, downloaded some music then spent the morning drinking sangria at 1two3 (it’s a restaurant and bar in Broadbeach) hanging out with Bridget who I haven’t seen since, like, forever ;) Then we picked up Tracey and hung out at Moomoo’s (another bar in Broadbeach) drinking cocktails there and we ate a bowl of fries with aioli YUMMMM!
Then I picked up Shane and we had a romantic valentine’s dinner at one of our fav places and ate waaay too much good food and laughed about our weekends then did some late night shopping and watched a movie.
I’m feeling really good about where I am going and what I am doing with my life. Lots of new and exciting opportunities have been presented to me and everything seems to be falling into place perfectly. Life is good xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ooo congrats on the filming! I can see you on the silver screen darlin' ;-) you must let me know how everything goes with being published too I was so happy when I read your txt!!!!!
    What happined with a friend that doesn't sound good gosh some girls are selfish and silly how could anyone hurt you *hug*. It's not an age thing either we have 50+ woman at my work who bitch and gossip all day long. I just roll my eyes…
    Love the wedding dresses so so so so SOOOOO exciting
    Nice pics sounds like you're having heaps of fun. I always get so jealous when I read about the weather over there it's dark and grey here all the time and always windy. I want to move.. I want the sunshine
    Life is good you are 100% correct xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm searching this dress:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wnVVwP3dfgg/S3iRgJyDSZI/AAAAAAAABHM/6ep5OgqMYao/s1600-h/greekmaggiesottero_op_382x518.jpg
    Do You remember on which site (or store) You find it ??
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline!
    Thanks for the comment :)
    You can find it on several different sites for sale, just google it's name "greek maggie sottero"

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found it - THANKS ! :)

    ReplyDelete