Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Firearms Licence

I've decided to get my firearms licence! Shane has been into guns and hunting since I met him and I never really liked it as my Dad's friend got shot and killed while in the bush about 10 years ago, so it has always scared me.
Since we have moved to Australia he has been missing the sport and wasn't sure about bringing his guns over from NZ. We visited a massive sporting store over the weekend and found out some info on memberships.
I thought it would be a fun sport to do with Shane and suggested I get my firearms licence to and he was more than happy.
BUT I cant bring myself to shoot an animal. I thought about it and I just can't do it haha. So I am going to start with targets and clays. I posted my thoughts on Facebook and people think its a great idea YAY.
One of my first questions was "can I have a pink gun?" haha
Membership is really cheap and when you join a club you gain access to HEAPS of land where you can shoot safely and if you want you can go in groups with a guide (for those of us who dont know the area very well). Travel is about 1-2 hours (was about 3-4 hours in NZ) so its close and easy.

I'm really excited!

5 comments:

  1. Morgan has her gun license. FUN! Please don't shoot anything living though of course you wont of course you'd not get into hunting (barbaric) clay and targets sounds like so much fun hehe keep me updated hehehe

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it will be heaps of fun! will post pics once i have rifle :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can shoot!? you are getting your license?! right ON!!! i would love to learn to shoot, and am supposed to learn sooner or later. but i don't want to shoot any animals. nope. no way. i'll shoot at a target or at an intruder, no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a good thing that you refuse to shoot animals! I just could NOT do that either. It sickens me that some people can find joy in hurting a living creature :(
    Nothing wrong with shooting targets and those clay disc thingies though :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't kill animals for fun

    ReplyDelete